- from £56,371 (regional salary)
- from £58,109 (including London Weighting)
Location: Hybrid – Minimum 2 days a week in the London or Cardiff Office
This is a brand new, exciting senior leadership role and pivotal to supporting us to realise these ambitions. Sitting within Mind’s communications function and managed by the Associate Director of External Relations, the Head of Strategic Communications and Marketing will bring senior strategic communications leadership, driving an insight led, integrated approach across all our communications disciplines in England and Wales.
We are Mind, the mental health charity. We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect. We provide advice and support to empower anybody experiencing a mental health problem and we campaign to improve services, raise awareness, and promote understanding.
Over the last decade the mental health landscape has transformed. Mental health is now one of the biggest social causes. Mind has been at the forefront of this change. And we have big ambitions to do even more.
The fight for mental health is far from over. There is a big opportunity, right now, to make brand Mind even stronger and more impactful, to support the delivery of our strategic objectives and a growing need for our support.
We are particularly focused on;
- Becoming a truly anti-racist organisation
- Supporting young people (with a focus on trauma)
- Fighting for the mental health of people in poverty. We know there are complex and interconnected challenges with these priorities that need our urgent attention.
Purpose and scope of the job
Driven by evidence, insight and integration, you are accountable for a refreshed and ambitious approach to Mind’s strategic communications and marketing, to deliver our overall communications strategy and meet organisational goals.
You will have strategic responsibility and accountability for collecting, understanding and applying Mind’s overall communications evidence and insight. By overseeing a powerful communications evaluation approach across all communications disciplines, you will build on existing metrics and evaluation models for brand, marketing, media, supporter engagement and ensure that collectively we continuously learn and improve and increase the impact of the Mind brand across all audiences.
We would like to hear from if you have:
- Management level experience leading, developing, implementing and evaluating a strategic communication and marketing function, delivering outcomes against agreed objectives and targets.
- Experience of contributing to corporate and cross organisational business strategies.
- Experience of leading complex, high profile change, transformation and innovation, with demonstrable qualities as a lead change agent.
- Experience of creating and overseeing communications and marketing impact and evaluation approaches.
- Experience of proactively managing risk and crisis communications.
- Previously collaborated with the ability to positively influence and build relationships with people at all levels of an organisation, internally and external including stakeholders.
- Experience of proactively managing risk and crisis communications
How to apply:
A full candidate pack and details how to apply can be accessed via this link:
Head of Strategic Comms and Marketing - Mind
Closing date: Sunday 26th February 2023 at 23.59hrs
Mind welcome all applicants and are keen to ensure their team to reflect the diversity of the UK and the communities they serve. They would like to encourage applications from disabled, LGBTQIA+ and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
Accessibility and Adjustments:
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process and we will always endeavour to be as accommodating as possible. If you would like to discuss any specific requirements, please contact Sharon Walsh-Fuller at email@example.com