- from £48,235 (regional salary)
- from £49,973 (including London Weighting)
Location: Hybrid – Minimum 2 days a week in the London or Cardiff Office
This exciting new role sitting within the Strategic Communications and Marketing team will develop a new integrated communications approach to engaging our internal audiences.
We are Mind, the mental health charity. We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect. We provide advice and support to empower anybody experiencing a mental health problem and we campaign to improve services, raise awareness, and promote understanding.
Over the last decade the mental health landscape has transformed. Mental health is now one of the biggest social causes. Mind has been at the forefront of this change. And we have big ambitions to do even more.
The fight for mental health is far from over. There is a big opportunity, right now, to make brand Mind even stronger and more impactful, to support the delivery of our strategic objectives and a growing need for our support.
We are particularly focused on;
- Becoming a truly anti-racist organisation.
- Supporting young people (with a focus on trauma).
- Fighting for the mental health of people in poverty.
We know there are complex and interconnected challenges with these priorities that need our urgent attention.
Purpose and scope of the job
You will work across the Mind federation to develop and embed a cultural change to how we tell our corporate and brand story and how we create compelling corporate communications.
Responsible for driving forward a new era in how we deliver our corporate story; you will build excellent relationships to understand and partner with all parts of Mind including retail, Wales and local Minds, as well as core directorates of fundraising, infrastructure and external relations. Working closely with the Associate Director of External Relations and Head of Strategic Communications and Marketing, you will help align our corporate story across all our communications channels supporting both on a longer-term narrative and ensuring all stakeholders - internal and external - and considered.
You will use audience insight and a thorough understanding of strategic goals and ambitions as a federated network to develop and tell our corporate narrative. You'll connect and champion our internal and network communications to boost employee engagement with Mind's brand and marketing campaigns. How we communicate with, listen to and involve our stakeholders is vital to our work.
We would like to hear from if you have:
- Experience in a senior communications role and a demonstrable track record in developing and managing high profile, impactful communications activities.
- Experience of managing a team, supporting and developing staff and effectively managing team resource to build flexibility and a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership skills and the ability to bring cross organisational teams together to influence, solve problems and lead change.
- A track record in managing an integrated corporate narrative in a complex organisation with multiple stakeholders, goals and regional contexts, empowering use of brand and its values.
- Experience of building and developing complex relationships with a range of stakeholders with the ability to develop and maintain and inspire effective working relationships with groups and individuals with differing perspectives.
- The ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with other communications peers in a high performing, fast paced environment
- A track record of developing and delivering high profile, impactful and measurable communications messaging, plans and production from start to finish including evaluation.
- An audience-focused approach to communications with a demonstrable ability to adapt messages and methods and target specific groups.
- Experience of leading sensitive communications, placing safeguarding and stakeholder need at the centre.
How to apply:
A full candidate pack and details how to apply can be accessed via this link:
Head of Corporate Communications - Mind - Candidate Pack
Closing date: Sunday 26th February 2023 at 23.59
Mind welcome all applicants and are keen to ensure their team to reflect the diversity of the UK and the communities they serve. They would like to encourage applications from disabled, LGBTQIA+ and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
Accessibility and Adjustments:
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process and we will always endeavour to be as accommodating as possible. If you would like to discuss any specific requirements, please contact Sharon Walsh-Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org