Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (pro rata)
Location: Remote - We do come together as a business once per month (usually Mondays) in London and on ad hoc days through the year when there is a business need
Contract: Full Time or Part-Time (minimum 4 days per week), Permanent
The Diversifying Group (formerly BAME Recruitment & Consulting) is a Diversity and Inclusion Services firm. Our mission is to transform the world of work for a more accepting future. Founded by the award-winning Cynthia Davis in 2015, we are diverse mix of people who have built a reputation for being a supportive but critical partner. Diversifying Group provide a blend of Talent Attraction, Executive Search, Recruitment Marketing, Events, Training and Consultancy Services to support organisations on their journey to inclusive working. We provide the tools, insights, and audience to make real and tangible progress for social change.
This is an important time for us in our evolution as we consolidate our growth with the right processes, systems and people for the organisation we have become. We are looking for someone who cares about equality and social change and understands the value in employing a diverse workforce. At Diversifying Group, we believe that every candidate should be assessed on their merits, skills, and abilities, and once hired they are working for a supportive and inclusive organisation.
We are seeking a Diversity and Inclusion Trainer to join our friendly and focussed team, where you will collaborate with our Partners on their journey to become more inclusive employers.
Diversity and Inclusion Trainer Role Purpose
- Provide training and learning expertise to people and organisations on their journey to become more inclusive (remote and some in-person)
- Delivery (and some design) of Diversity and Inclusion training to partners – both regular scheduled courses each month and bespoke as required (Inclusion Awareness, D&I for Recruiting, Allyship, Intersectionality etc)
- Work with our Diversity Partners to understand their challenges, identify training needs, and suggest training options
- Providing input into developing new course content when the need arises
- Stay up to date with D&I topics, trends, and terminology to provide insights into best practice and examples of lived experience
- Employ a set of practical tools and action plans to address unconscious bias for our clients
- Be a part of scoping conversations and collaboration calls as required
- Conduct employee surveys and interviews
- Track and compile collected data
- Create training strategies, initiatives, and materials
- Maintain a database of all training materials
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A deep desire to facilitate training that will have a real and lasting impact
- Experience of running effective equality, diversity and inclusion training courses
- The ability to identify opportunities to promote best practice and work with cultural adaptability
- Ability to deliver training using a wide range of learning methods (in-person, digital and remote)
- A comprehensive understanding of the types of unconscious bias, and their impact on recruitment processes
- Creative thinking to help adapt content and activities to different audiences
- A genuine commitment to working in D&I and knowledge of related topics
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint to deliver presentations, reports and training materials.
Working with us
We offer a trusting and flexible culture where everyone is free to be themselves with lots of encouragement, support and laughter.
We are committed to maintaining a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working hours, 21 days of annual leave (rising to 23 days after 1 year's complete service, 24 days after two years’ and then to 25 days after three years’, public holidays and an additional 3-4 days for an end of year mental health recharge.
To apply please send a supporting statement explaining why you are applying for the role along with your CV.
As an equal opportunities employer and recruiter, we are very open to making reasonable adjustments to the process to ensure that everyone has the same chance of success. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to explore a reasonable adjustment.
Closing Date Sunday 12th Feb