About The Diana Award
The Diana Award celebrates and supports young people leading change in their communities. And we break down barriers for future Changemakers to shape today’s world.
Founded 24 years ago to unlock potential, create opportunities and inspire positive change in the future of young people, through our work, we provide direct support to young people and enable them support and connect with one another. We build their capacity through mentoring and social action skills and facilitate youth-led changemaking opportunities; finally, we amplify and platform their voices through our Award Scheme.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Chair who can lead our Board and support our Chief Executive to drive our charity’s growth and impact especially as we approach our 25th anniversary year.
Our new Chair will be an ambitious and visionary leader with a strong track record of governing complex organisations through change.
We are open to your professional background, as long as you bring effective governance experience, strategic thinking and a good understanding of issues affecting the lives of children and young people.
We are looking for a Chair with experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Experience of being a Chair
- Track record of relationship building, with stakeholders, partners, decision makers, team, and Board
- Governance and organisational leadership experience
- Experience of creating strong partnerships with stakeholders and successfully influencing decision makers
- Understanding of risk management and mitigation
- Ability to encourage positive change and innovation where appropriate.
- An understanding of the key challenges the organisations aims to tackle from issues around mental health to the social and economic barriers facing various communities of young people
- Extrovert, Fun, Dynamic, and Engaging
- Values Led
For more information, please see our recruitment pack - The Diana Award - Chair
How to Apply
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV and supporting statement via the link below.
Your statement should be up to 2 pages long (no more than 900 words), addressing the following statements:
- Please outline your demonstrable commitment to The Diana Award’s mission and purpose and your motivation for applying.
- Detail your previous experience and capabilities which you believe make you suitable for this Chair role.
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd December 2023 at 23.59hrs
If you would like to discuss the role before applying, please feel free to contact - Rebecca from Diversifying Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Diana Award is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people from all sections of the community. We would like to encourage applicants from black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds and those with disabilities.