Are you passionate about media and want to make a difference?
This is an exciting opportunity as Head of News at Mind to ensure those with mental health get the respect and support, they deserve delivering their voice through the media platform.
Salary: £46,496.00 increasing with London Weighting to £49,973.00.
Location: Hybrid – 2 days a week in the London Office - Stratford
This is a key role, The Head of News is responsible for leading and managing a high performing team in developing dynamic and high-impact proactive media campaigns to be the voice for those suffering with mental health.
1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year, at Mind we need passionate people to help us spread the word through the world of influencing and media.
Stephen Fry has been Mind’s President since 2011 a leading ambassador among other celebrities such as George Ezra, Nicholas Pinnock, Fearne Cotton, Zoe Sugg and many more.
We are Mind, the mental health charity. We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect. We provide advice and support to empower anybody experiencing a mental health problem and we campaign to improve services, raise awareness, and promote understanding.
Purpose and scope of the job
As Head of News, you will have a key role in devising and delivering media strategies for the charity’s policy and information work, as well as the work and impact of both our network of independent local Minds and the services we provide at a national level (including the Infoline).
We would like to hear from if you have:
- Experience of taking the lead in devising, planning, implementing, reviewing, and evaluating media strategies – with a strong focus on proactively shaping the news agenda.
- News sense, with experience of successfully developing media stories from scratch, working on high profile stories, and dealing with complex enquiries from journalists.
- Experience of responding effectively to crisis media stories that present reputational risk.
- Experience of preparing and briefing senior spokespeople (e.g. Chief Executive, Directors and local groups) and service users (i.e. someone with personal experience) for media interviews.
- Significant knowledge and experience of using social media as part of media and PR campaigns.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating the quality and impact of media campaigns.
- Experience of managing media volunteers including stewardship, safeguarding and data protection.
How to apply:
A full candidate pack and details how to apply can be accessed via this link:
LINK: Head of News - Mind
Closing date: Sunday 11th December @ 11.59pm
Accessibility and Adjustments:
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process and we will always endeavour to be as accommodating as possible. If you would like to discuss any specific requirements, please contact Sharon Walsh-Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close this advert before the closing date if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. Therefore, please submit your application as soon as possible.