Salary, Grade 5: £34,547 to £38,242 per annum, including London weighting
Permanent – Full Time
Central are seeking a proactive, committed and highly skilled Higher Education professional to join our governance support office.
The governance office supports the work of Central’s Governing Body and committees by providing a focussed, strategically driven secretariat and administration service. Central is a specialist provider of Higher Education with a considerable reputation in the dramatic arts, and the centre of a vibrant and diverse ecology of practices.
Working in a small and dynamic team, you would act as secretary to School committees (with occasional evening meetings) including accurate minute-taking and the collation and distribution of papers; manage the departmental calendar; raise and record departmental expenditure, support company administration activity and accountability returns and the administration of risk management processes. You would also provide general support as required to the governance function and head of department.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience and a good understanding of higher education administration and governance
- Experience as a committee secretary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of computer literacy, including Office 365 applications, purchasing software and web tools
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise effectively to meet exacting deadlines and a varied workload from a number of stakeholders
- Good initiative and problem-solving skills with a flair for creativity
- A “can-do” attitude
- An interest in developing your career in Higher Education administration and management, especially within the context of a specialist, arts-based provider
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, LGBT+, Black and Global Majority backgrounds as they are currently underrepresented within the sector and within Central.
For further information and application, details please select Apply below:
Closing date for receipt of application forms is 9am 8 August 2022.
It is anticipated that interviews and assessments will take place on 18 August 2022.